Kept You Waiting, Huh?
In an effort to course correct from Metal Gear Solid 2, Hideo Kojima goes outside of the box and brings us Metal Gear Solid 3 on the Playstation 2. MGS 3 foregoes the complex sci-fi narrative of MGS 2 to give us a straight forward story about when the lines between duty and honor get blurred. Join us as we deep dive discuss what is quite possibly Hideo Kojima’s magnum opus.
As always, if you like what we do here at TRG, consider supporting the show over on Patreon to net yourself perks like early, uncut access to every new episode! Link to our Patreon is below!
Connect With TRG
You can catch up with TRG by following us on Twitter, Facebook, and join our Discord server for community game nights!
- Patreon: http://www.Patreon.com/TheReformedGamers
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TRGPodcast
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheReformedGamers
- YouTube: http://www.YouTube.com/TheReformedGamers
- Website: http://www.thereformedgamers.com
- Discord: https://discord.gg/r4g6p4dztC
Check out Sound of the Raign’s channel here: https://youtube.com/c/SoundoftheRaign
- 0:00 – Intro
- 3:27 – Persona 5 Card Game Inbound?
- 6:45 – What We’re Playing: Hot Wheels Unleashed
- 10:54 – What We’re Playing: Returnal
- 15:15 – What We’re Playing: Man of Medan
- 18:55 – What We’re Playing: Dead Space
- 23:43 – Development History/Fun Facts of MGS 3
- 39:30 – Who You Really Play As in MGS 3
- 43:00 – How MGS 3 Shifted From MGS 2
- 48:12 – The Virtuous Mission
- 51:40 – Ocelot Appreciation Section
- 54:53 – Is The Shagohod an Early Metal Gear?
- 57:50 – The Philosopher’s and Their Legacy
- 59:50 – How MGS 3 Changed The Gameplay Formula
- 1:06:24 – MGS 3’s Infamous Ladder Scene
- 1:07:15 – Our Favorite MGS 3 Bosses
- 1:15:40 – Why The Boss is the Best Female Game Character
- 1:26:36 – Is Big Boss Really A Villain?
- 1:31:53 – Closing Thoughts on MGS 3
- 1:40:00 – Patron Shoutouts
- 1:42:11 – Reco’s & Closing
#MetalGearSolid3 #HideoKojima #Konami